The pleasure of finding
Book a table
Zielony Niedźwiedź - the simplest yet the richest form of the Polish contemporary cuisine.
Why the simplest? Because our culinary technique depends entirely on seasons and is aimed at showing off the quality of the product. The richest? Because we never compromise the quality of our food with anything else. We buy meat, honey, juice and preserves only from farmers we know personally.
Slow FoodThe 10 commandments of The Green Bear
1. We are honest. We serve exactly what is described in the menu.
2. We serve fish and meat that have never been frozen. Poultry, veal or beef are always fresh. If something has been frozen, it might only become one of the ingredients of a pâté or filling for dumplings.
3. We strive to include in our menu produce and ingredients that are Polish or stem directly from the Polish culinary tradition. The only exception to this rule are artisan products from our neighbouring countries or products directly linked to wines included in our wine list. This is how we try to eliminate no-name high volume products. We consider using unique products from distant countries as a rare and special exception to the general rule.
4. The dishes in our menu are based on local and regional traditions. We create them paying a great deal of special attention to tradition and we do our best to share this know-how with our guests.
5. We create our dishes on the basis of seasonal produce and other products that naturally preserve their features over longer periods of time (e.g. beans, some root vegetables, dried mushrooms).
6. We are ahead of the temporary culinary trends. We do things that others consider as impossible. Instead of following the trends, we create new ones on our own.
7. We make tasty food. The dishes have to be tasty above all and it is far more important for us than aesthetics or showing off our chefs’ skills.
8. Our cuisine is aimed at highlighting the maximum potential of the product. We are proud of our ability to find unique and rare products. Our dishes are created in harmony with wine.
9. We learn from the people we do business with: farmers, winemakers, preserve makers.
10. We always remember that we are here for our guests. We listen to you, value your opinion and take it into consideration.
We organize business breakfasts & dinners, corporate & private events as well as conferences. Also, we host tourist groups. Call us to get more information at: +48 534 802 407.
We are more than happy to host family & business events. Our dining area may host up to 70 guests at a sit-down meal. The dining area together with a conference room may host up to 120 guest at a standing party. Dancing is welcome! We work in co-operation with the best Polish bartenders and renown DJs from Warsaw.
Conferences may be held in the restaurant or in an external conference room. We can provide you with office equipment such as a beamer, a screen or a laser pointer.
Between April and September, you can enjoy our exceptional garden tables in the city centre of Warsaw, down the hill, in a small and cosy Beyer Park, amongst trees. What more would one want? Only mesmerizing dishes from the Green Bear!
ul.Smolna 4, 00-375 Warszawa
- – by car: you can get to Zielony Niedzwiedz approaching from the Powiśle district, via ul. Z. Herberta
- – on foot: you can also get to the restaurant crossing the parking lot in ul. Smolna and walking down the stairs leading to the park
18:00 – 23:00
Tuesday – Friday
12:00 – 16:00
18:00 – 23:00
12:00 – 23:00
12:00 – 20:00